Monday, April 14, 2014

Commentary #1

I commented on Hunter Maddox's blog post about Texas' new high-speed rail system:


I agree! I think Texas could really benefit from having a better public transit system. As it stands, it seems like most of the public transit within the state (which isn't much to begin with) is focused on moving people within the boundaries of their respective cities, but I'd like to see more focus on connecting at least the major metropolitan areas. Unfortunately, I think in order to have a well functioning state-wide public transit system, it is inherent for the major cities within the state to have a good handle on their public transit system, which in our (Texas') case we are not doing so well at quite yet. Also, I don't get the impression that trains, railroads, or public transit is very, if at all, prevalent right now when it comes to Texas politics. Not that people are against it, I just think there are more "pressing issues" that unfortunately take away from things like this which could benefit the state as a whole.

No comments: